Pages

Monday 12 January 2015

A Closer Look: Protec Trumpet Mute Bag

My mute collection had grown over the past few months and I needed something suitable to store and transport them in. I had a look on the internet and found a few options, the only problem is I didn't know how big they were and how many mutes I would fit in them. I came across Protec and found two options:










I decided to take a chance and go with the smaller one (M400) mainly because of the price.

I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived, it is a lot bigger than I was expecting and is able to hold all of my mutes. It is also lightweight and well padded.


The bag is large enough to fit at most 5 or 6 mutes (if you stack them right!) but is perfect to take the essentials with you. The shoulder strap is detachable and there is also a clip on the back which allows you to fit it onto any gig bag.


The divider inside is adjustable to allow separation of mutes and can also be removed completely. Overall a good buy!



This particular bag has been recently updated, with the addition of an external pocket. Have a look at here.

No comments:

Post a Comment